PIGEON DISTRICT LIBRARY
The Pigeon District Library Board of Trustees has adopted the following code to foster a climate of respect, comfort, and welcome within the library for all library patrons and staff.
1. Parents/guardians are responsible for the safety or well-being of children left on Library property.
2. In accordance with the Library's Unattended Children Policy, children under 8 must be attended by a parent/guardian or responsible person (age 13 or older) who is responsible for the safety or well-being of those children, and for assuring that the minors comply with the Library's Code of Conduct.
3. Eating and/or drinking is prohibited, except in designated areas - Community Room or periodical section of Reference Room.
4. Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, must be worn at all times in the Library.
5. Behavior which can be expected to disturb Library staff or patrons is not tolerated.
Such behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Disorderly conduct or harassment of others,
- Loud or abusive language,
- Radios, cell phones, CD/tape players or other electronic equipment used in a manner which disturbs other patrons.
6. Animals, except for service dogs and animals for Library programs, are not permitted in public areas of the Library.
7. The use of tobacco, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs/controlled substances is prohibited on Library premises.
8. No person shall be in a state of intoxication on Library premises.
9. Sleeping for extended periods of time (more than 10 minutes) is prohibited.
10. Persons with extremely poor hygiene which interferes with other patrons' use of the Library will be asked to leave the Library.
11. No solicitation of any kind is permitted within the Library buildings or its premises.
12. Mutilation, misuse, or destruction of Library buildings, materials or equipment is prohibited.
13. All Library materials or equipment being removed from the premises must be properly checked out.
14. Persons shall comply with all other applicable rules and policies for the use of Library services and facilities.
15. No person may violate any local ordinance, or state or federal law when on Library property.
16. The library is not responsible for personal belongings left in the Library.
Any person who violates any of these rules may be asked for identification, including name, address, and telephone number. Any person who violates the above provisions of the Code of Conduct will be told to cease the behavior and may be ordered to leave the Library premises, be denied Library privileges for a period of time, or be banned from use of any Library services or property for a period of time, depending on the severity of the violation.
First Violation - person will be told to cease the violation and/or leave the premises. In addition, the violation may result in loss of library privileges for up to 7 days.
Second Violation within 1 year will result in loss of privileges for up to 90 days.
Subsequent Violations within 1 year will result in loss of privileges for up to 6 months.
A decision to deny library privileges or the use of Library property shall be given in writing to the person in violation and may be appealed in writing within 5 business days to the Library Board, whose decision will be final. If conduct which violates this Code of Conduct is also a violation of the law, prosecution may result.
Pigeon District Library
7236 Nitz St.
Pigeon, MI 48755-0357
Telephone: (989) 453-2341
Fax: (989) 453-2266
Monday 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday 9 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday 9 AM - 7 PM
Friday 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday 9 AM - 2 PM
Copyright © Pigeon District Library.
All rights reserved.