Pigeon District Library


COMMUNITY ROOM


The Community Room, located at the front of the library, may be rented for dinners, meetings, parties, receptions, showers, and other important events.  The room includes a living area side and a meeting area side with a baby grand piano, kitchen access, and nearby restroom facilities.  For information regarding the rental of this room, please ask at the Circulation Desk. 


HISTORY


The Pigeon District Library has been a part of the Pigeon community for more than ninety years.  Established in 1913 by the Woman's Tourist Club, the Woman's Library began lending with a collection of 500 books, which were housed in the Pigeon town hall.  In 1915 the name was officially changed to the Pigeon Public Library.

The name was later changed when the trustees of McKinley and Winsor townships established and formed the Pigeon District Library in 1964.  Chandler Township became a part of the district in 1969 and the Village of Pigeon followed in 1973.
Through the years, many extraordinary people in the community have played a part in the expansion of the facility and the library's collection.  Today the library has approximately 4,800 registered borrowers, houses over 42,000 items and circulates nearly 60,000 items a year.